SMALL FARMER SUPPORT PROGRAM
Founded in 2013 to assist our local farmers excel! We offer Information, Workshops, Resources, Promotion and Encouragement.
2019 SFSP Program Offerings
CSA & Herdshare Housing Project
Farmers and Ranchers, if you are interested in using Locavore as a drop for your 2018 CSA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are working on getting more refrigerator and freezer space to meet your needs!
Tax and Finance Classes
Locavore will offer a Farm Tax Preparation class and a Farm Finance class series in the fall of 2018. Classes will be free to new and not-so-new farmers looking to gain more insight into their finances and tax information. More information coming soon.
Fall Fill Your Pantry
The 3rd Annual Fill Your Pantry Market dates are TBA, but will be sometime in mid-November. More information about this bulk buying pop up farmers market will be available mid-summer.
Farmers and Ranchers – The Small Farmer Support Program is here to serve you! Please let us know if you have any ideas, concerns, questions, class concepts, troubles, and research needs. Our goal is to better serve you!
Small Farmer Support Program Sponsors
Past SFSP Projects
Central Oregon Locavore’s Farmer-Friendly Resources Workshop February 13, 2015
USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) offers technical and financial assistance to organic producers and those transitioning to organic production.
- Under the “Organic Initiative” of NRCS’s Environmental Quality Incentive Program (EQIP), you may be able to get help with pollinator habitats, cover crops, crop rotation, drip irrigation, pest management, nutrient management, windbreaks, and more.
- Applications submitted by March 20 will be considered for funding this year. For further information, contact Karlie Wyman, Soil Conservationist at NRCS in Redmond, at 541-923-4358x136. Or go to http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/or/programs/farmbill/?cid=stelprdb1193512.
The Energy Trust of Oregon (a nonprofit organization) has a program to help farmers and ranchers reduce irrigation energy costs.
- If you are a customer of Pacific Power, NW Natural or Cascade Natural Gas, you can access the technical assistance and financial incentives for energy system and equipment upgrades (that meet the Energy Trust’s program criteria).
- Rebates are available for linear and pivot improvements, and incentives based on energy savings are available for improvements to variable frequency drives, drip irrigation system conversion, linear/center pivot system conversion, and scientific irrigation scheduling.
- For further information, contact Ulrike Mengelberg, Outreach Manager, Energy Trust of Oregon, 123 NE 3rd Avenue, Suite 400, Portland Oregon 97232; email@example.com
Phone: 971-244-8193. Or go to www.energytrust.org.
The Rogue Farm Corps opportunities for local farmers to access farmers-in-training to work on their farms.
- Farms and ranches in commercial production can host one or more students who will work and live on the property for a season.
- Students can work up to 1500 hours per season and will also be attending classes.
- An annual fee is required to participate in the program, and students are paid a basic stipend by the participating farm or ranch.
- For further information, contact Jessi Suleiman, Central Oregon Chapter Coordinator, Rogue Farm Corps, Jessi@roguefarmcorps.org, Phone: 541-213-4378. Or go to www.roguefarmcorps.org.
Join our mailing list to
learn about events and