We are a 501(c)3 non-profit supporting local food and farms through educational programs and a year round indoor farmers market.
WILLING WORKERS ON LOCAL FARMS (WWOLF)
The WWOLF program provides organized volunteer assistance in the form of volunteers, or “wwolf packs” to local farmers at their farms or ranches. In return volunteers learn where and how local food is grown while fostering an intimate connection with the food that sustains us all.
If you are interested in participating in WWOLF please join our mailing list (click on the “sign up for newsletter” button on the homepage) and keep your eye on Central Oregon Locavore News. Children are welcome, but must be supervised at ALL times!
How it Works
- Meet at the farm by 10:00am; we encourage folks to carpool from Locavore at 9:00am (announcement will be made when carpooling available)
- Tour of projects and split into work groups
- Break for lunch around noon
- Return to work until finished at 3:00pm
- Free beverages and lunch will be provided
What to Bring
- Work gloves!
- Closed-toe shoes
- Clothing for the weather
- Hat and sunscreen
- Lunch, snacks, and water
Where: Fields Farm @ 61915 Pettigrew Rd, Bend
February 10th from 10am to 3pm
RESCHEDULE DUE TO WEATHER TO FRIDAY MARCH 10th 10am to 3pm
What: Help Fields Farm get ready for a long growing season; greenhouse mending and bed preparations will be a top priority. Make sure to dress warm for this event. All activities will be outside!
When: Saturday, March 18th 10am to 3pm
What: Help Benji and Carys get ready for a long growing season; greenhouse mending and bed preparations will be a top priority. Make sure to dress warm for this event. All activities will be outside!
What to Expect
- Good clean (dirty) fun, new friends and local connections, a deep sense of personal satisfaction, and a boots-on-the-ground education about local farming practices
- Work at your own pace. Be prepared to sweat, but we also want you to enjoy yourself. Take rest breaks as needed
- Children are welcome, but they must be supervised at all times.
- As much as we love our furry friends, dogs are not allowed
- Just so we don’t catch you by surprise, we will ask that you sign a waiver before participating in the work event. Waivers will be available at the farm
Upcoming WWOLF Events
Friday April 14th @ Fields Farm (Bend) Help the Fields transplant their onion starts for another huge onion harvest this autumn!
Friday May 12th @ Hope Springs Dairy (Tumalo) Help Jeff, Lysa, and the kids with dairy chores and farm work
Friday June 9th @ Windy Acres Dairy (Prineville) Help Billie and the gang mend fence, tidy the dairy, and get ready for the Annual Dairy Days event
Friday July 14th @ Barley Beef (Bend) Help mend fence, build new feed bunks, clear brush, and enjoy a steak or burger!
Friday August 11th @ TBD
Friday September 8th @ TBD
Friday October 13th @ TBD