WILLING WORKERS ON LOCAL FARMS (WWOLF)
WWOLF (Willing Workers on Local Farms) gathers ‘packs’ of volunteers from the
community to spend a day working on a local farm. In exchange for helping out with farm
chores and various projects, farmers prepare and share a meal with the volunteers that is
made with their very own farm fresh products.
If you are interested in participating in WWOLF please join our mailing list (click on the “sign up for newsletter” button on the homepage) and keep your eye on Central Oregon Locavore News. Children are welcome, but must be supervised at ALL times!
When: Saturday, August 15 from 9am to 1pm
Where: Hope Springs Dairy east of Bend, address available upon registration
What: An on-farm work party to give our local farmers a boost. A light lunch will be provided.
Registration is required
How it Works
- Meet at the farm at the designated start time
- Tour of projects and split into work groups
- Break for lunch around noon
- Return to work until finished
- A light lunch will be provided
What to Bring
- Work gloves and your favorite hand tool
- Closed-toe shoes
- Clothing for the weather
- Hat and sunscreen
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Face mask for times when 6-foot distance is not possible
What to Expect
- Good clean (dirty) fun, new friends and local connections, a deep sense of personal satisfaction, and a boots-on-the-ground education about local farming practices
- Work at your own pace. Be prepared to sweat, but we also want you to enjoy yourself. Take rest breaks as needed
- Children are welcome, but they must be supervised at all times.
- As much as we love our furry friends, dogs are not allowed
- Just so we don’t catch you by surprise, we will ask that you sign a waiver before participating in the work event. Waivers will be available at the farm