WILLING WORKERS ON LOCAL FARMS (WWOLF)
The WWOLF program provides organized volunteer assistance in the form of volunteers, or “wwolf packs” to local farmers at their farms or ranches. In return volunteers learn where and how local food is grown while fostering an intimate connection with the food that sustains us all.
If you are interested in participating in WWOLF please join our mailing list (click on the “sign up for newsletter” button on the homepage) and keep your eye on Central Oregon Locavore News. Children are welcome, but must be supervised at ALL times!
Spring 2019 WWOLF Dates
Dome Grown Produce
When: March 15th, 2019 10am – 3pm
Where: Dome Grown Produce, Redmond
Golden Eagle Organics Ranch
When: April 5th, 2019 10am – 3pm
Where: Golden Eagle Organics, Bend
How it Works
- Meet at the farm by 10:00am; we encourage folks to carpool from Locavore at 9:00am (announcement will be made when carpooling available)
- Tour of projects and split into work groups
- Break for lunch around noon
- Return to work until finished at 3:00pm
- Free beverages and lunch will be provided
What to Bring
- Work gloves!
- Closed-toe shoes
- Clothing for the weather
- Hat and sunscreen
- Lunch, snacks, and water
What to Expect
- Good clean (dirty) fun, new friends and local connections, a deep sense of personal satisfaction, and a boots-on-the-ground education about local farming practices
- Work at your own pace. Be prepared to sweat, but we also want you to enjoy yourself. Take rest breaks as needed
- Children are welcome, but they must be supervised at all times.
- As much as we love our furry friends, dogs are not allowed
- Just so we don’t catch you by surprise, we will ask that you sign a waiver before participating in the work event. Waivers will be available at the farm
Past WWOLF Events
Join our mailing list to
learn about events and