Willing Workers on Local Farms
WWOLF (Willing Workers on Local Farms) gathers ‘packs’ of volunteers from the community to spend a day working on a local farm. In exchange for helping out with farm chores and various projects, farmers prepare and share a meal with the volunteers that is made with their very own farm fresh products.
If you are interested in participating in WWOLF please join our mailing list (fill out the “Sign Up For Our Newsletter” form in the footer) and keep your eye on Central Oregon Locavore News. Children are welcome, but must be supervised at ALL times!
WWOLF @ Casad Family Farms in collaboration with High Desert Food and Farm Alliance.
When: October 9th from 9:00am - 1:00pm
Where: Casad Family Farms
Registration is required.
How it Works
- Meet at the farm at the designated start time
- Tour of projects and split into work groups
- Break for lunch around noon
- Return to work until finished
- A light lunch will be provided
What to Bring
- Work gloves and your favorite hand tool
- Closed-toe shoes
- Clothing for the weather
- Hat and sunscreen
- Lunch, snacks, and water
- Face mask for times when 6-foot distance is not possible
What to Expect
- Good clean (dirty) fun, new friends and local connections, a deep sense of personal satisfaction, and a boots-on-the-ground education about local farming practices
- Work at your own pace. Be prepared to sweat, but we also want you to enjoy yourself. Take rest breaks as needed
- Children are welcome, but they must be supervised at all times
- As much as we love our furry friends, dogs are not allowed
- Just so we don’t catch you by surprise, we will ask that you sign a waiver before participating in the work event. Waivers will be available at the farm