Selling at Locavore
If you are interested in selling at Locavore, please contact our Marketplace Manager at [email protected].
Important things to Remember:
- We work on consignment. Each vendor sets their own wholesale price. Locavore adds a small markup on top of the wholesale price to cover operating expenses for the market. If you look in a meat freezer, produce cooler, or the soap section you will find many different vendors selling similar products at a variety of prices. Feel free to look at what others are selling and then set a price based on your product’s unique selling points, your costs and what you think is a good price.
- We pay vendors on a Net 30 payment system. You will receive a check through our bank on the last week of the month for the prior month. I.E. All of the products sold in May will be paid the last week of June.
- Active vendors usually sell more. We do our best to stay on top of all the items in the store and contact vendors when stock is low or product needs refreshing, but we have a very small staff. Vendors that regularly stop by to check stock, see what is selling and chat with the staff about customers tend to sell more. Be a PARTICIPANT! Even just texting, emailing or calling us on a regular basis to ask about inventory and sales helps a lot. If we don’t have your products on the shelf, or they are not looking good they are not going to sell! We are all a team.
- Vendor demos sell product and establish new, loyal customers. We highly recommend vendor demos to build your brand.
If you have not yet been in contact with the Marketplace Manager and are interested in selling at Locavore, please begin by reviewing the "New Vendor Info" and filling out this form.
Filling out this form is for Locavore information only. We will contact you with next steps.
Once you have been approved as a new vendor please see below:
New Vendor Packet --
Please print and fill out the vendor agreement and direct deposit forms. Bring them to Central Oregon Locavore with your first delivery.
About Locavore for New Vendors
Locavore Vendor Agreement Form
Vendor Direct Deposit Form
Sample Delivery Invoice Form (invoices are required for ALL deliveries, even if your prices have not changed)
Egg Vendor Packet --
Please print and fill out the Egg Vendor Agreement. Bring it to Central Oregon Locavore with your first delivery.
- About Locavore for New Vendors
- Egg Vendor Agreement
- How to Prepare Your Eggs For Sale
- Selling Eggs at Locavore
When delivering eggs:
If you are a new egg vendor it is always best to call ahead (541-633-7388) to see if we are able to purchase eggs that day and how many dozen we can handle. Our egg purchasing times are Mondays and Tuesdays from 8am to 10am.
Vendor Demos --
For existing vendors only. Please read vendor demo agreement prior to scheduling and once you have done so,
Featured Monthly Vendor Program
Each month we feature a vendor and offer our Locavore members a 10% discount on that product. For more information about this program, see below:
Contact lex[email protected] if you are interested in signing up